Head Camp Cook
“Camp Monahan, of the Archdiocese of Regina, provides a Christian camping experience for youth ages 6 to 15 with opportunities for social, physical, intellectual, creative, and spiritual growth.”
Camp Monahan is in search of a hard working, enthusiastic Head Cook for our camping season. From June 28th to August 9th you would be helping the head cook prepare meals and snacks for up to 100 campers and staff.
● Working with a rotating menu that represents Canada’s Food Guide; preparing 3 meals and 2 snacks daily for approximately 70 – 120 campers, ages 6 – 16, camp staff and volunteers
● Communicating with the Executive Director and Board of Directors’ Representative regularly to ensure food supply and demand is maintained within budget.
● Attention to detail especially as it relates to campers with food sensitivities/special needs and
● Maintaining a clean kitchen and dining hall to meet Public Health Standards
● Working with program staff for menu and food prep for off site cooking
● Responsible to give direction and support to kitchen staff and volunteers
● Assist with serving meals and snacks
● Coordinate end of season shut down of kitchen that includes goods and equipment storage
● Report of inventory and final season wrap up
● Ability to work with youth in a positive manner and act as a role model at all times
● Ability to work as part of a team
● Safe Food Handling certificate
● Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian Food Guide
● Knowledge of current WHMIS guidelines
● Experience preparing meals for large groups
● First Aid/CPR C would be considered an asset
● Respectfully participate in all faith based activities
● Live onsite during the course of employment
● Be able to provide a Vulnerable sector criminal record check
Dates: June 28th - Aug 9th.
Pay - $15 - $20 hrs/ 40 hrs per week, Room and board included
This position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate has been secured.