“Camp Monahan, of the Archdiocese of Regina, provides a Christian camping experience for youth ages 6 to 15 with opportunities for social, physical, intellectual, creative, and spiritual growth.”
Camp Monahan is seeking camp counselors, 16 years of age or older as of May 31st, 2020. Position begins May 13th and ends August 14th.
● Address maintenance concerns with the Executive Director
● Assist and help organize camp cleanup day with the Building and Grounds Chair
● Clean all buildings in preparation for rentals and staff arrival- repair any winter damage, paint inside/ outside of buildings as needed
● Responsible for the upkeep of grounds and equipment
● Ensure that facilities are in good repair by making periodic checks and regular safety checks to all areas of camp
● Required to pick up/drop off necessary equipment for repairs and supplies from local suppliers
● Responsible to clean areas used by rental groups as outlined in the rental processes
● Act as Camp Representative to rental groups
● Perform various duties that are task driven by the Buildings & Grounds Chair/Committee
● Continued pool maintenance under supervision of pool operator
● Safety checks of camp grounds and facilities
● Follow safety protocol for groundskeeper when onsite in pre-camp operations (or alone at any time while under contract) by calling the Executive Director when commencing the work day and at end of day
● Submit a weekly log to the Executive Director during pre-camp operations.
●Read and understand the OH&S guidelines that are presented in the caretaking manual, and to follow all safety guidelines therein.
●Live onsite during course of employment
● Respectfully participate in all faith based activities
● Excellent interpersonal, organization, and leadership skills
● Be able to provide a Vulnerable sector criminal record check
ail an updated resume, cover letter, and at least two references to the Camp Monahan Association no later than March 31st, 2019. A criminal record check and up to date certificates are required of all successful applicants. This person must adhere to Camp policy and be a positive role model at all times.
Camp Monahan Personnel Committee
PO Box 26035